Advances in Dementia in 2019December 31, 2019
Activities Co-ordinatorJanuary 14, 2020
JOB TITLE Registered Nurse Day / Night Duty
RESPONSIBLE TO Home Manager / Deputy Manager
- To provide high quality clinical / management leadership to care staff teams.
- To deliver care to residents in a professional caring manner.
- RN (1) or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Working Skills
- Experience of working with people in older persons setting
- To be responsible for the provision and quality of nursing care.
- To support and share with other staff the delivery of personal care which meets the needs of the residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence and empowerment.
- To act in a supporting role to the Home Manager or Deputy Manager in all aspects of the Home Management, including taking charge in the absence of senior staff and being accountable.
- To provide leadership and supervision and staff development/training of a team of healthcare assistants as directed.
- To share with other staff in meeting the personal, physical and psychological care needs of the residents in a way that respects the dignity and privacy of the individual and promotes independence.
- To acknowledge limitations of competence and to accept only those delegated functions for which one has received instructions and been deemed competent according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To comply with the NMC guidelines / regulations.
CARE OF RESIDENTS
- Report any ill health and make appropriate GP / Professional visits.
- To report any complaints, incidents or accidents to the Deputy Manager, Head of Care or Home Manager.
- To work alongside and with healthcare assistants in assisting residents with dressing, undressing, bathing and toileting.
- Help residents with any mobility issues and assist in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- To be responsible for the care for residents who are unwell and may need care in bed.
- To be responsible for the care for residents who are dying.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out and sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations in partnership with the activities co-ordinator.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms and ensure they are cleaned.
- Answer call bells, the door and the telephone. Greet and communicate effectively with visitors.
- Carry out regular checks on residents.
- Carry out regular checks on the building with special reference to fire prevention.
- To observe and practice safe manual handling techniques with residents.
- To be responsible for the administration of medicines.
- To help with the induction and support of new staff and in their integration into the team.
- To provide ongoing development of the team through appraisal, supervision and competence-based assessment.
- Identify training needs of staff with their team. To participate in staff training meetings and training activities as required.
- To supervise the workload of a team of care assistants as directed by the Home Manager or Deputy Manager.
CARE PLANNING & TEAMWORK
- To participate in the planning and meeting of individual residents’ needs as appropriate.
- To give and receive reports on residents and participate in the care planning process.
- Be part of a key-working system.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Employees are responsible for being aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health & Safety Act (1974) and to ensure that agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for employees, residents and visitors.
- To participate in staff meetings and training activities as required.
- To ensure Training & Development folders are used and updated following training.
- To ensure that standards of work are maintained as set down by the Home Manager or General Manager.
- To participate in NVQ training of staff.
- To maintain and improve your own professional knowledge and competence.
POLICY & PROCEDURE
- To adhere to all policies and procedures as laid down by Meadowcare & Glenview Homes.
- To contribute to the development of the Policies and Procedures.
- All information concerning residents and staff must always be treated as strictly confidential .
- It is the aim of the Homes to ensure that no employees or job applicants receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or marital status. All employees will be expected to contribute to ensuring that this philosophy is maintained.
This Job Description is not comprehensive, and the post holder will be expected to undertake additional responsibilities as required. Download Application Form and Medical Questionnaire