Care AssistantJanuary 14, 2020
Job Description: Kitchen Assistant REPORTING TO: Cook & Home Manager Required:
- CIEH Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Satisfactory DBS Check
- Experience of food preparation for the relevant Client group
Your duties will include: Food Preparation:
- Basic preparation and cooking of breakfast and the preparing of sandwiches, sweets and snacks as required
- Transporting and serving of food and beverages to clients in dining room or own rooms/lounges
- Undertaking dining room duties including the setting up and clearing away of the dining area. Maintaining cleanliness throughout your shift
- Participating in Staff and Client meetings as required.
- Training and Development:
- Attending mandatory training days / courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health and Safety:
- Ensuring statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensuring that Infection Control measures are adhered to at all times.
- Making sure that chemicals / equipment are used correctly and safety procedures adhered to at all times.
- Washing up after meals. Ensuring all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area and the dining area is carried out effectively.
- Assisting with the checking of equipment and food temperatures as directed.
- Reporting immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
- Understanding and ensuring the implementation of the Home’s Health and Safety, Infection Control and Hygiene policies, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Reporting to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
General: Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the Home’s Safeguarding Adult’s Policy, taking steps to protects Residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the Home’s Management of any concerns.
- Promoting and ensuring the good reputation of the Home.
- Ensuring that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notifying the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensuring the security of the Home is maintained at all times
- Adhering to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carrying out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. Download Application Form and Medical Questionnaire